Friday, December 7, 2007

Day 16 - Central Athens, Syntagma

Waking up fairly late, even after sleeping for 16 hours, I had a headache from the stresses of yesterday. I had a bit to eat, then caught the bus to Kifissia. It took forever, but eventually I made it through, then from there, caught the electric train to Syntagma. While I was here, I was looking for the information centre, the Greek National Tourist Organisation. My Lonely Planet guidebook listed its address as Amerikis 2. I found the street with ease, but I found no tourist office; it’s obviously been moved. I also looked for the bookshop, which was meant to be on the same street, but no, I couldn’t find either shop. I think I need a new updated version of my Lonely Planet guidebook. The one I was carrying was a 2001 edition. I guess I’ve learned. I’ll look for the address on Google Maps.

No comments:

Post a Comment