Thursday, December 13, 2007

Day 22 - Central Athens, Syntagma and Victoria

I woke up at 12pm. I had slept for 15 hours. I’ve had enough of waking up this late! It’s like I need that sleep or something. Anyway, I headed into Syntagma by myself. I found the Greek National Tourist Organistation, which was close to the tram stop. The nice lady there handed me a free map of Central Athens, and I asked if it had all the trolleybus routes marked.

I was happy with my map, but it was too big to fit into my pocket. I had to carry it, which was annoying. I put it down the side of my pants and covered it with the shirt. Hopefully it would stay there, but it was hard to walk. I made my way to Victoria and tried to find the Mavromateon terminal. It was useless, I had no sense of direction and I couldn’t find the terminal or Areos Park. I asked a nearby shop owner, but I didn’t understand him. So I went back to Monastiraki and bought a souvlaki from my favourite shop. I had lost my map when I got off the train here, so I had to go all the way back to Syntagma to get another one. Luckily the office was still open, and I got it for free again.

No comments:

Post a Comment