Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Day 13 - Meeting Lora and Panos - Central Athens, Monastiraki and Thissio

Today is the day I will be meeting Lora and Panos. I had a shower, ate, then went to the internet café. I caught up with Ada. We talked for most of the hour.

I went to sleep when I came back home. When I woke up, I had a Greek coffee to give me more energy, and then Parry drove me to Kifissia station, which took 10 minutes; much quicker than the bus yesterday, which took 40 minutes.

I caught the train to Monastiraki, where I had arranged to meet Lora and Panos. I chose a familiar place, which I hoped would be familiar to them as well; infront of Savvas and Grigoris. Well, I waited for about half an hour while I was here. They were supposed to come at about 9:30pm, but they missed their train and were going to be about 10 minutes late.

I walked around the corner of Savas and Grigoris again and saw them there, on the marble cobbled road. We stepped forward and greeted eachother. It was great to finally meet someone who I’ve known online; infact it was awesome. They hardly seemed any different to what I expected. We walked around the streets of Plaka and Monastiraki, talking and talking. We had many interesting things to talk about. Then we sat ourselves down in Thissio, at a café called Stavros. We talked amongst ourselves and there was not one moment of silence. Our topics varied constantly, from Tomb Raider to the situation with Agnes, from Ancient Greek History to movies, and from Travelling Europe to Smoking. Yes, they were both smokers, and they knew I was against it, but I didn’t mind it for the occasion. We had our coffee, and I showed them Australian banknotes. The whole night, we were just so talkative! We were getting along really well.

We had souvlakia to end the night; we caught the train from Thissio and separated at Victoria, saying our goodbyes. Until next time, we’ll see what we can arrange, whether it’s visiting Ancient sites with them or just eating out. We’ll be talking Greek next time! At least I hope my Greek will be good enough by then.




No comments:

Post a Comment