Saturday, December 15, 2007

Day 24 - Athens, Peania and Koropi

Another big day I tried to make for myself. This time it was unsuccessful, and I ended up going completely somewhere else. I intended to go to the Koutouki Caves in Peania, so I caught the bus which goes there. I arrived in Peania, but I decided to stay on the bus, thinking it would stop at the main square in town. But no, I ended up going all the way to Koropi, another 7km away. Wow.

From Koropi, I tried a new form of public transport; the suburban railway. I paid €1,00 for a ticket, and caught the train to back to Peania station. I found no bus going back to Peania town, so I went to Doukissis Plakentias and decided to catch the bus from there; but it went wrong again. I got on the wrong bus, and ended up in Halandri. I ended up having to walk for several kilometres all the way to Aghia Paraskevi, from where I took the bus back home. It looks like I won’t get to go anywhere today, then. Well, we certainly learn from mistakes, don’t we?

After this big hiccup, I went with Despo to Steve’s grave at the top of Glyka Nera. We stayed up here for the hour. I watched Despo light the candles and plant the flowers for her beloved son, then I headed to the internet cafĂ© by myself, doing what I did usually.

No comments:

Post a Comment