Saturday, December 22, 2007

Day 31 - Acropolis, Central Athens

Today was going to be yet another interesting day. I headed into the city to do my own thing. I caught the metro to Syntagma and walked to Monastiraki. I got my Student Card from STA Travel; yes, I had my passport with me this time. I just showed my High School card from Australia and he granted me one. I was lucky to get it too, since my High School card was only for 2007. I just need a photo for it now.

Afterwards, I went to Aleko’s and our day plan was to visit the legendary Acropolis. Entry fee was €12, which my cousin happily paid for. Me, my cousin and his son, Konstantino, explored the ancient site and took many photos. It was a memorable experience going up to the site with his little kid. The only thing I didn’t like was the supports around the monument, which really affected it aesthetically. Still, the views from the top were great, and overall it was a great day. I look forward to exploring more of the ancient sites around Athens.

No comments:

Post a Comment