Monday, December 31, 2007

Day 39 & 40 - Aharnes (Menidi), Athens

The last two days of the year were pretty much the same. On both days, I went to the internet café, trying to resolve the problem with Agnes, but this time it seems to be over for good. She started really abusing me. I hadn’t been in the mood to do anything because of all this, and it really crippled my holiday. Agnes simply drove me up the bloody wall. I loved her and I was very hurt. I was still hoping for things to get sorted out, as I didn't want to let go of the future that awaited us.

Anyway the New Year came and I watched Bicentennial Man on TV and had meatballs for dinner. I’m hoping for all the best for the New Year. Not a good start, but hopefully it will improve. At least I had a friend, Iro, to keep me comfortable during this tough time. She kept me comfortable through text messaging and made me feel a lot better.

When New Year came, me and my family celebrated it with a handshake and kisses on the cheeks, as in traditional Greek formality.

No comments:

Post a Comment