Friday, December 21, 2007

Day 30 - Athens, Syntagma and Hellinikon

Waking up at Aleko’s, I used the internet for a bit, then headed out at 1pm. I had a quick look around at the Mavromateon Bus Terminal and Areos Park. Then I went to Aghios Dimitrios by metro. From here I caught the bus to Hellinikon. My reason for coming to this area was because one of my internet friends, Ada, who I plan to meet, lives in this area. I wanted to learn the suburb so I could know what to plan when the time comes.

I made my way back to Syntagma by tram. I’ve used pretty much every form of public transportation in Athens by now. I met a Canadian on the tram, who asked me if I spoke any English. He was looking for directions on how to get to Omonia, one of the central districts. I was more than happy to help him out. I told him to take the metro on line 2. I look forward to meeting more people in future to travel with.

No comments:

Post a Comment