Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Day 21 - Athens, Dafni, Halandri and Loutsa

Today I woke up at 6am, a huge change in sleeping pattern to the day before. It was still dark, and the sun hadn’t risen. I got ready, and went with Con, one of his employees George, whom I got to know, and Sophia to the workshop in Dafni. We didn’t stay here for long; I soon hopped in the car with Con and he drove me across Athens to the suburb of Halandri. On the way, we discussed a few things, speaking half Greek and half English. My Greek would improve the more I talk with Con; a good way to make me more confident with my Greek!

My whole day was spent with Con in the office. I did go out a few times, though. He got me a free ham roll from the shop next door, and he showed me an electronic shop across the highway. I checked it out. I was rather tired, due to my change in sleeping pattern.

At the office, Con and I had a discussion about Agnes. He was speaking in Greek, so it wasn’t easy to understand him all the time. I understood that Con might be able to drive me to Latvia in the springtime; hopefully Agnes doesn’t get impatient waiting, and hopefully my parents would allow this to happen. It's a long drive as well, but I didn't mind at all. I was relieved and allowed some breathing space. I was delighted to hear that Con might be able to take me to Latvia, but I didn’t get my hopes up too much.

Towards the end of the day, Con drove me to a place in Loutsa to look at someone’s bathroom and get some measurements for a shower screen.

No comments:

Post a Comment