Sunday, December 9, 2007

Day 18 - Meeting Angelika and Elen - Attica, Skala Oropou and Nea Ionia, Athens

Today was going to be an interesting day. The fun began in the afternoon, after 4pm. After exchanging bank details with Agnes in the morning, Parry took me to a place outside of Athens, called Skala Oropou. It was a nice drive on the way up, and the town itself was a beatiful seaside town, across from the island of Evia. Parry took a few photos of me, with the island in the background. The water level wasn’t too far below the edge of the road; it looked like this place could become flooded easily. When the ice caps melt, that is.

We stopped by a seafood taverna by the shore, and had squid, crab salad and prawns. I preferred not to eat the zucchini’s. It was a great meal though! In between, we discussed a few things, but afterwards, when it became dark, we headed back home.



Parry dropped me off at Kifissia station at about 8pm. Tonight, I had arranged to meet Angelika and Elen from Tomb Raider Forums. So from Kifissia, I took the electric train to Nea Ionia, where we arranged the meeting point. I disembarked, and found them both outside the station. There was a sudden excitement. I appeared before them, descended the stairs and crossed the road to greet them. It was a great moment. I wasn’t very talkative at the time, but we each greeted with a hug, and kisses on the cheek. A traditional Greek greeting. It was time to go somewhere to sit down and talk; I hopped into Elen’s car and she drove us to the nearby cafĂ©. We talked among ourselves, catching up, saying what we had to say. Our topics varied from traveling in Greece to meeting more TRF members, and from Tomb Raider to relationship issues. Both Elen and Angelika had given me useful tips and advice, which I am thankful for. They gave me just what I needed. If I were to be with Agnes, how would I support her financially? How would I continue my studies? Parry has given me the same advice. I guess time will tell.

We said our goodbyes, and planned to choose a quieter place next time. We exchanged a few last kisses on the cheek, which Elen complained about me not doing so well, as I'm not used to that kind of greeting. Apparently, I didn’t make the proper "kissing sound". To be more Greek, I have to learn the routine. Hopefully within this year I’m here, I’ll change and become as Greek as possible. Lora, Panos, Angelika and Elen will all help me do so!

No comments:

Post a Comment