Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Day 35 - Omonia and Pagrati, Athens

The first thing I did today was catch the A10 bus straight into Athens. I arrived at Plateia Vathis in Omonia, said to be the most dangerous place in Athens. This area is common with prostitution. I walked through the area as quickly as possible, looking out for potential threats. I kept my chin up and looked confident as if I wasn’t intimidated.

Anyway, I safely proceeded through the area and thought it wasn’t so bad after all, despite what I read in the Lonely Planet guidebook. I was trying to find Elli’s home, an old friend that I’ve known since I was a little kid. I caught the trolleybus for the first time and found Filolaou Street and Niko’s motorbike shop. No one was there, though, but at least I knew where the place was so I could pay a visit later. Niko and Elli are definitely in for a surprise, especially since they don’t know that I’m in Greece.

No comments:

Post a Comment