Thursday, December 6, 2007

Day 14 & 15 - Aharnes (Menidi), Athens

Today wasn’t the best of days. It involved getting into an argument with my dad over MSN. I had to make my point clear that if things go well with Agnes, and we love eachother more than ever, I would want to go to Latvia too, instead of her just coming to Greece. I had to tell him that Latvia is not the country he’s thinking of. My dad is a negative man; he always thinks of the worst things that could happen, such as getting mugged or bashed. I convinced him that I would travel with someone rather than alone anyway. Well, it wasn’t a good day. I felt upset and felt like giving up, but Agnes has to come so we can see how things work out. Until then, I shouldn’t worry about anything. I’ve decided to keep moving forward!

The next day was just about as bad, except I was arguing with my friend Chris this time. I just hate it when it feels like you can’t get anything right, and everything keeps on going wrong. Chris had been telling me all the trouble I would get into with my family if I went to Latvia to see Agnes. His opinion was that I would appear to be ditching my family for my love. I claimed that it wasn’t even what my parents were concerned about; it was more about my safety level. I have to prove to them that I’m mature enough to do things on my own now, as I’m nearly 18 years old, and that I believe in myself and that I’m more than capable of doing things when I put my mind to them. The safety factor is a factor that is worldwide. What's there to achieve if you never take risks your whole life?

Well, at least Agnes should be coming to Greece first; that’s one thing to look forward to. We need to see how we will get along, and then decide on how to sustain our relationship. Firstly, I need to send the money, so she can come here, as they can't afford a plane ticket.

No comments:

Post a Comment