Saturday, December 1, 2007

Day 10 - Aharnes (Menidi), Athens

December began, and the first thing that I did was go with Parry to do some shopping. We were looking for a decent digital camera to buy, since I left mine at the airport terminal in Sydney! We haven’t decided on anything yet, as we’re going to take some time to research and ensure that we purchase a good camera. Parry showed me around Menidi’s main square. We sat ourselves down and had some “Goody’s”, a restaurant similar to McDonald's.

After some more walking around the streets, we separated as I headed to the internet cafĂ©. I didn’t do much other than talk to my dad online. Upon leaving, I went to the vending machine. There were two sandwiches in there, next to eachother, and I couldn’t decide which one to get. Eventually, I put my €2 coin in, and selected one. But by surprise, and as luck may have had it, both sandwiches came out. The sandwich I selected had brought the other sandwich down with it, and I took both back home to eat. And the one I didn’t choose was the one I liked better! Go figure!

Back home, I was surprised yet again; I received a text message from Iro! I haven’t heard from her in a long time. I had left her a message on the forum, telling her my number, and she logged on today to get it. The last time she logged on was ages ago. How's that for coincidence? We had a quick chat, catching up with eachother via text messages. I will be meeting her at some point in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment