Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Day 27 - Kerameikos, Ancient Athens

Today was a much more interesting day. I had already planned it ahead of me. I was going to go to the ancient cemetery of Athens, also known as the Keramikos. I got off the metro at Thissio station and entered the ancient site. They asked if I had a Student Card, but I didn’t have one by this point. Entry fee was €2,00 and I made it as worthy as I could. I spent a lot of time at the ancient tombstones. It felt like I was in ancient times, and I must say this particular area of the site reminded me of Tomb Raider IV. I just wish I had a digital camera!

After exploring the site, I took the time to enter the museum as well, and I was easily fascinated. I looked at the ancient ceramic material like it was treasure. I was able to leave the building very delighted.

Afterwards, I went to Plaka to do a bit of browsing. Then I was off to the internet café in Aghia Paraskevi to do a bit of catching up, and then I rode the bus back home.

No comments:

Post a Comment