Monday, December 24, 2007

Day 33 - Central Athens

Christmas Eve began nicely with me catching the suburban train from Doukissis Plakentias all the way to Larissis train station, the main national railway station of Athens. Here I took the opportunity to study how the system works; I examined the rail timetables and tried to figure out how to get to certain destinations in Northern Greece and the Peloponnese; to a limited understanding, of course. I wish to embark on one of these journeys someday.

I later caught the metro to Monastiraki and got my souvlaki. Damn I love those souvlaki. I took the time to explore the small district of Psiri as well, which is another place for souvlaki.

Later on, I returned home via a short stay at an internet café, and had Parry pick me up to spend the night at his place for Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment