Sunday, December 23, 2007

Day 32 - Central Athens, Plaka

I renewed my phone credit and messaged Agnes telling her how I feel. She has been driving me nuts lately. Anyways, as that wasn’t too important at the time, I headed into the city as usual. I decided to go on my own walking tour of the streets of Plaka. I wanted to explore every cranny and nook of this old town. Needless to say, I loved it. I followed the exact route outlined in my lonely planet guidebook. I ended up in Monastiraki, which is right next to Plaka.

And this was definitely interesting; I got caught in the hugest crowd that ever met my eyes. Everyone was doing their bloody Christmas shopping, and it took literally half an hour to advance twenty metres, it was that crowded! We were all squashed like sardines. Huge crowds are one of my pet peeves, something that I find really annoying. People walking slowly infront of me is already bad enough.

I managed to order my souvlaki, which is the main reason I headed to Monastiraki, “souvlaki heaven”. I guess that was the highlight of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment