Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Day 49 - Pagrati, Athens

Today I went to see Niko again. He took me for a ride on his motorcycle, and I had the experience of riding through the traffic in Athens. It was quite fun. I stopped by his house for a bit, met his new child, and then back to the shop. I met Elli. She was also very happy to see me. She hadn’t changed much, but I spoke to her on the phone yesterday and had trouble recognising my voice. But we recognised eachother’s faces immediately.

She took me for a coffee somewhere around the corner and we caught up. I told her how much I’ve travelled around Greece and such. She later took me to her cousins’ place just up the road, and I met some nice girls around my age. We tried to have a few conversations in English, but it didn’t go very far. It was funny watching them trying to speak English instead of Greek – and we all had a good laugh. Elli took me to the top of their apartment, where I could see the city lights and Lykavittos Hill in the view. It looked pretty nice.

Afterwards, I drove back home with Niko; my second driving experience in Greece.

No comments:

Post a Comment