Sunday, January 20, 2008

Day 60 - Athens, Omonia and Victoria

Today, I validated my weekly ticket at Attiki's metro station. I went to Larissis train station to have yet another look at the timetables, then to Metaxourghio and Omonia, where I got myself a souvlaki.

I then walked to Victoria, and studied the bus routes at the Mavromateon bus terminal, offering services throughout Attica. I've got to take a bus one of these days to see Cape Sounion. While I was here, I also took a stroll through Areos Park, which was quite nice.

I intended to visit the police station as well. I was looking at trying to extend my stay in Greece. I could stay for 90 days without a visa, today being the 60th day. So I took a trolleybus along Leoforos Alexandras and got off at the police station. Conveniently, it was located right across the road from Ambelokipi metro station. It was closed now, so I will come back tomorrow. At least now I know where it is and I can access it easily.

No comments:

Post a Comment