Saturday, January 19, 2008

Day 59 - Athens, Menidi and Glyka Nera

Today, I decided to get a different type of metro ticket. One that would allow me to travel on any form of public transport over a period of a whole day. It costed €3, and I used it to get from Kifissia Station to Neratziotissa, from where I caught the suburban railway to Doukissis Plakentias. Then I caught a taxi from here to Despo's place in Glyka Nera. I'm becoming very familiar with getting around now; it's a piece of cake!

I came to Despo's place to collect my passport, which was where I had left it. I felt I should take it with me to Grandma's place back in Menidi. I stayed here for a while, then headed towards the city. I purchased another ticket that would allow me a whole week of travelling. This would come in handy, as I use the metro pretty much everyday. I was hesitant to buy it at first, as I didn't know how often I'd travel; but it would be pretty obvious now. €10 for 7 days is a pretty good deal, as opposed to buying multiple 80 cent tickets every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment