Thursday, January 24, 2008

Day 64 - Pagrati and Filopappos Hill

I went to Niko's workshop again in desperate need to resolve the situation with my stay extension. It has been worrying me to no end. I absolutely did not want to go back to Australia. My initial plan is to stay here for at least one year. Nine months would be bearable. Six months, no. Three months, forget it.

My dad was going to send me a few documents, such as my birth certificate, via email. I will have to go to an internet café and get them printed out.

By nightfall, I decided to try out the new camera that Parry got for me. I went to climb Filopappos Hill again, a great photogenic area of Athens. So I got off the metro at Syngrou-Fix and headed towards the hill. It was dark, but I could find my way around. The dogs that I thought were going to attack me last time, were here again. This time I ran towards them when they started barking at me, and that scared them away. Intimidation factor.

I continued up to the summit, and took in the views of Athens in the night time. It was beautiful, and off in the distance was the flood-lit acropolis. I took a few pictures. It was cold as well, and my hands were freezing while I was trying to take a few good pictures. The photoshoot went successfully and I was pleased with my new camera.



No comments:

Post a Comment