Friday, January 18, 2008

Day 58 - Byzantine Museum, Athens

Today, I headed to Evangelismos metro station, located close to the Byzantine museum, which was what I wanted to check out.

A student ticket costed €2. This is what my Student Card was valid for now, so I guess I'll start using it.

I purchased my entry ticket and proceeded to check out the museum. I was amazed. It was full of fascinating Ancient Greek treasures, and I loved it. There were many marble statues and columns on display, along with paintings of Jesus Christ and Byzantine Churches. Greece is rich in religious history.

I only had one hour to see the museum before it closes. Thanks to such early closing times for museums; in this case, 3pm. I made the most out of my visit as I could. I left the museum very pleased.

Afterwards, I went to my 'base', which is known as Eleftheroudakis Book Shop, and glued my head in some of the travel books, mesmerised.

No comments:

Post a Comment