Thursday, January 31, 2008

Day 70 & 71 - Eleftheroudakis Book Shop, Athens

Today I went and checked to see if there was still snow on Mt. Parnitha. There was some on Mt. Pendeli, and I wanted to head over there. But instead, I headed into Athens and decided to have a read in Eleftheroudakis bookshop and chill at the internet café. I also decided to be a little bit cheeky with the weekly metro ticket. I did get fined recently, after all.

The next day, I went to Eleftheroudakis again, and met a Greek guy who was from Australia. He asked me the time, and I responded wrongly in Greek, confusing a "quarter-past" with a "quarter-to". It didn't take him long to ask where I'm from. I said Australia, then I said Wollongong. He told me that he knew people from there, and we had a pretty good chat about eachother, how I left school and went to travel to find out who I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment