Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Day 62 & 63 - Athens, Alien's Centre

Today, I went to the bookshop again. It was becoming my favourite place in all of Athens.

There is not much else to say about it. Later that night, Parry took me around the shops of Menidi to look for a suitable digital camera, so that I can take photos of my memorable vacation. We decided that we would get the Olympus FE-280 model. We didn't find it available though. We will look again.

The next day, I went to the Aliens Bureau and attempted to extend my stay. Let me say, it was a failure. They could not extend my stay, as I was still 17 years of age. I was crushed. I absolutely did not want to have to leave the country and go back home. My intent is to stay here for a year!

So I went to the next person I thought who could help me. Niko. I went to his workshop and complained about my situation, and asked him if he could help me. He has a friend who is a police officer, so hopefully we can sort something out. My mood has already been ruined. I'm really hoping for salvation.

I'll be seeing Niko again tomorrow to see what he can do to help. He said that he might be able to, and I was slightly relieved.

On coming back to Menidi, I finally got the camera I wanted. It was actually a late Christmas present, wrapped in gift wrap. I was very surprised, and that was so unexpected. I was happy! It was just what I needed to cheer up my night.

No comments:

Post a Comment