Monday, February 18, 2008

Day 89 - Snow in Glyka Nera, Athens

Today, there was going to be no public transport service, yet again. It's not going to affect me much this time; there is something much better to do outside in the snow.

First, I helped Con shovel the snow out of the driveway. It was pretty tiring, but a new experience for me. I then took a stroll. I decided to have another attempt at making a snowman, now that there is more snow. It wasn't a very impressive snowman in the end, but still good enough.



I then took a stroll up the mountain. It was covered with snow, and it was difficult to climb, but I absolutely loved it nonetheless. I felt like a fictional character out of a movie climbing the alps. It's a kind of experience I really love. I love the idea of conquering snowy mountain peaks. It was the closest thing I had to it. The snow was knee-deep in some areas and I got plenty of ice in my boots.

I ended up lying down in the snow for a bit. It was comfortable, very nice and cool. I don't think any feeling is more comfortable. I took a big stroll around, and even slid down a hill, using my jacket as a sled. It was great fun. I had a blast.












No comments:

Post a Comment