Saturday, February 2, 2008

Day 73 - Meeting Ada - Faliro, Athens

Today was going to be the day I'd be meeting Ada, another long awaited TRF member meeting. Finally!

I started the day by going to Eleftheroudakis, then to the internet café. I discussed the meeting with Ada, before heading on the tram to Neos Kosmos. It took a while to get to Faliro, which was our meeting point.

While on the way, Ada texted me to see where I was, and I tried to text back. My phone wouldn't let me. Great, just great, a planned meeting with Ada, and my phone has to stuff up. I started panicking and thought she was going to think that I stood her up. This is just fantastic! I definitely need a new phone now; this one is broken it seems.

I could still make calls, though. So once I got to the station we were supposed to meet, Ada had texted me, telling me she was at a different station. I tried to call her. There was no answer. And then, I saw her on the platform. I happened to be at the right station.

It was 7pm, at Aghia Skepi station. This was great! Me and Ada have been friends for about the same time I've been friends with Lora. It was good to finally meet her. We greeted eachother, had a chit chat and contemplated seeing a movie at the cinemas. Nothing interesting was on though, so we just took a walk along the bay. Our topics were pretty random; we discussed school, travelling, what I think of Athens, etc. It was great! Then we sat ourselves down at a cafe to have some waffle ice cream. I would have been grateful if they had supplied me with a knife, as the fork alone didn't cut through the waffle very well. But it was still good tasting.

At 9pm, we separated, said goodbye at the bus stop, which took forever, and in that time that we waited, we took a photo and talked nonsense. It was a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment