Friday, February 15, 2008

Day 86 - The Planetarium, Athens

Today was particularly interesting, despite waking up late. I'm quite sick of waking up this late; it's taking time off my holiday!

Nonetheless, I took a little day trip. First I went to Eleftheroudakis, and then I decided I was going to visit the Planetarium. I looked up a street directory in the book shop and found it's location; then took the necessary bus, which was number 550.

Once at the Planetarium, I purchased a ticket for "Violent Universe", which would start at 8:30pm. I had a bit of time to spare for now, so I explored the streets surrounding the Planetarium. At one point, while standing outside on the steps, a driver in a van passed us, and the passenger had given me the rude finger, for absolutely no reason. It was quite a laugh. Did he give me the bird just for looking at them? Well, regardless, I found it quite funny out of sheer randomness.

Anyway, the show started, and I must say it was great to watch. I had plugged in the earphones which provided English translation. I looked up at the giant dome-screen, and I felt as if I was moving while the screen was showing bits of space and planets. It was like the IMAX theatre in Sydney, only it wasn't in 3D, but still great nonetheless. I've always found space truly fascinating.

No comments:

Post a Comment