Thursday, February 21, 2008

Day 92 - Walking from the City Centre to Glyka Nera, Athens

Today, I've hit the 3-month duration of my stay in Greece, a day I would have had to return to Australia had I not had the residence permit.

I didn't have money or tickets to begin the day with today; I'm keeping a good eye on my bank account and trying to save the money I have available. I'll need it for exploring Greece.

Despo gave me a ticket and a little bit of cash for me to head out. I went into the city and stayed at my "base", Eleftheroudakis, for a while. I bought myself a souvlaki later on, along with a bottle of water. Now the money Despo gave me is finished. I was tempted to pull out more from an ATM, but I wanted to save. I decided to WALK back to Glyka Nera, which was going to be an achievement of its own. The entire walk took almost three hours, but it was a rewarding walk. I knew exactly where I was going and I didn't get lost. All up, it was about 15 kilometres.

No comments:

Post a Comment