Sunday, February 17, 2008

Day 88 - Snow in Glyka Nera, Athens

I woke up in the middle of the night tonight, and decided to take a peek out the window. And voila; There was snow! It was exciting to see. But I went back to bed, so I can enjoy it in daylight when I wake up.

I woke up at about 9am, and went outside for a stroll. It was great fun! I hadn't seen proper snow since the last time I visited Greece, which was 6 years ago.

I attempted to build a snow man, but there were two problems. One, there wasn't enough snow, and two, my hands were absolutely freezing, even with gloves on. I'll get it done later, with a better pair of gloves.

Later on, I decided to catch the bus to Aghia Paraskevi. The bus went very slow in these conditions. I went to the internet café to get my photos of the day uploaded. I'll take some more tomorrow. There snow is getting heavier and more will be coming in, which will provide an even more picturesque environment.













No comments:

Post a Comment