Sunday, February 10, 2008

Day 81 - Vorres Museum, Peania

So, after yesterday's massive fail, I decided to have a study of the road map. I headed to Peania again, a whole new day ahead of me to start over. This time, I was in luck, and found the Vorres Museum.

I paid €5 for entry. There was no student discount, despite it being mentioned in my Lonely Planet guidebook. No big deal. The museum itself was quite interesting. It was definitely different; it was a modern art gallery. I was quite impressed actually, and I'd say it was worth it. There were sculptures and pictures made out of coca-cola cans and straws, and it was quite amazing. It's quite amazing how much creativity can come out of sometimes really ugly items. There were plenty of paintings and sculptures of nude women as well. This is some high quality stuff!

After my visit, I went on a tram journey along the coast of Athens, from SEF station to Voula. It was quite a good ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment