Friday, March 14, 2008

Day 114 - Piraeus, Athens

Today, I took it upon myself to organise a tour of the Saronic Gulf Islands. I went to Piraeus and inspected ferry schedules and fares. I went to the Hellenic Seaways travel agency near the wharf, and he wrote down all the ferry schedules and prices for me, so I could organise myself a trip.

I then went to another agency, by the dock. I purchased myself a ferry ticket to the island of Aegina three days in advance. It costed me €8, still a higher price than what was quoted in the new Lonely Planet book I bought yesterday. Costs are indeed expensive, and seem to be on the rise.

I will jot down my plans later. By evening, I went to pay Niko a visit at his workshop. I haven't caught up with him in a while, and my dad asked me to go and see him. I didn't do much whilst here, but Niko thought I went to Latvia, as I hadn't dropped by that often. I wish that were true.

No comments:

Post a Comment