Sunday, March 9, 2008

Day 109 - Meeting with Vaso, Leonidas and Lydia, Galatsi, Athens

Today I was woken up by Vaso, my mother's best friend. We talked and arranged a meeting over the phone. We would meet in the city.

So I headed into Central Athens as I normally did, and she called me again once I got there. We planned our meeting point - at McDonald's on Syntagma Square. I waited out the front, looking out for her car, which was a black Suzuki Swift.

She picked me up, and we exchanged our greetings. It was great to see Vaso once again. I had the chance to practise my Greek once again. I was getting by well. So then she drove me to her place. I haven't seen her kids, Leonidas and Lydia for a while, so I bet they will look very different and all grown up.

I got to their home, and remembered much of the details of her apartment. It brings me warm feelings to remember this place again. I met Vaso's husband, and we talked a bit, in Greek of course, and we had a pleasant discussion. My Greek was getting good.

Later on, I met the kids, Leonidas and Lydia. They've grown up a lot, just like they would have seen with me, as we are around the same age. I almost didn't recognise Leonidas at all.

Then, we headed out together for lunch, at a taverna in Northern Athens. While on the way, I had time to chat with the kids. I had a lot to eat once at the taverna, and it was a great meal that I had.

Upon returning to the apartment, me and Leonidas played a bit of the Playstation 2. We played Gran Turismo 4, and Leonidas himself was a pretty good race car driver.

Then night came, and we celebrated my belated birthday. We had food gathered around the table. It was a pleasant surprise. I was grateful to have people celebrate.

Then after the party died down, we all went to sleep, other than me. I stayed on the internet on Vaso's Laptop for a while. I was to stay here for the next few days. Agnes also texted me, telling me that she has holidays, and asked me if I could come. I didn't want to think about it right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment