Sunday, March 23, 2008

Day 123 - Latvian Embassy and Panagiotis' Birthday, Athens

Today I decided to make my trip to the Latvian Embassy to clear up the fact that I'll be able to visit Latvia. I was pretty nervous.

I arrived and buzzed the door. I headed in, and asked all the questions that I needed answered. Since I have been in the European Union for longer than 90 days, I was uncertain of whether my Greek residence permit would cover me for it. They didn't seem to understand exactly what I was asking. I didn't get the clearest answer. I think I'm going to just have to go, and hope I don't encounter any problems.

I'll be coming here again on Wednesday to speak with the ambassador, when she would be there. I will try to get the matter cleared up once and for all. I've been thinking a lot about going to Latvia.

Later on, I was invited over to Aleko's place. It was his younger son's, Panagiotis' 2nd Birthday. I had a good time hanging around the kids, and to top that, Parry brought me two letters which were sent by Agnes. One was a birthday card, and the other was a valentine card. I was going to read them later, when I got home. Parry also got me a new mobile phone, which I fell in love with. It could text in Greek, and it was great! I spent quite a bit of time setting it up and importing my contacts.

No comments:

Post a Comment