Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Day 126 - Resolving complications, then heading to Thessaloniki, Greece

Today started with an argument with Despo. I had to set her straight, and that I have every right to do what I want with my life. She didn't seem to understand. Although my trip to Evia didn't go so well, the public transportation system is much easier in other major cities such as Thessaloniki, which was where I wanted to go. Above all, I'm really not too young to travel on my own. Age is not a barrier to those who can surpass it.

I spoke with my mother over the phone about this matter, telling her that I wanted to go to Latvia as well. It's caused a little bit of upset. I decided to head to the internet café in Pagrati to pursue the case further. I managed to get good valid points across to my dad over MSN, which was pretty much my best way of arguing. It's not that easy over the phone, as I get nervous with what I say.

My dad suggested that she should come to Greece. There wasn't enough time to arrange for something like this now, it is time for me to go and see her. I want to be there for our anniversary. My dad doesn't want to let me go, but quite frankly, I have had enough of this debacle and I am going to go whether my dad likes it or not. I am 18 years old now, and I'm going to have to take responsibility to make my own decisions soon enough. I spoke to my online friends and they supported me in my decision. The matter is settled then. I'm going to find a time in which I can go.

But first off, I'm going to pay a visit to my good friend, Iro, up north, near Thessaloniki. She lives in a village in the far northern reaches of Greece, near the town of Serres. I will go to Thessaloniki first, to check out the city, and then arrange a meeting with Iro.

I went to Larissis train station in Athens and bought myself a ticket to Thessaloniki, departing at 10:55pm. I then went back home, grabbed my stuff and notified Despo of my destination. I was going. She couldn't stop me, so she just told me to be careful.

So, I headed back to the station, waited for my train, boarded, and slept. It was a sleeper. Not a very comfortable one at that. First class would have been much more comfortable. I was there to begin with, as I didn't know exactly where to go, but later I was directed to my correct cabin. It was a bunk-bed sleeper shared with three other people.

No comments:

Post a Comment