Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Day 23 - St. Petersburg sightseeing

I headed back into the city of Saint Petersburg on my own, and decided to pay a visit to the Hermitage museum. I witnessed what was quite possibly the longest queue I've ever experienced. It was at least a few hundred metres long, and it took two hours to advance to the entrance. I questioned myself if it was worth it.

Besides all of that, I had to pay 400 Roubles for the entry fee. Russian citizens were able to get in for 100.

The museum was pretty good though; a pleasant and relaxing place. I took my leisurely stroll around the whole complex. There were housed antiques and relics even from ancient Greece and Egypt.













I later headed for a restaurant to have some lunch. I ordered pelmeni, to remind myself of the Russian food I enjoyed years ago. The waiter took forever to bring me the bill at the end.

Shortly afterwards, my iPhone stopped receiving signal, which had me a little worried. I was hoping it wasn't busted. I went straight to an internet cafe to warn my parents via facebook that I might not be able to respond to texts.

However, shortly after my stay here, signal came back. I played around with my settings and chose specific carriers when one was failing.

No comments:

Post a Comment