Saturday, June 26, 2010

Day 26 - Tallinn to Tartu

I've spent only one day in Tallin thus far, but I'm coming back after my two-day visit to Tartu, in the Estonian countryside. The purpose of this visit is to see a fellow TRF member - the first of this trip. Her name is Birgit.

Me and Birgit go back a while. She was one of my earliest friends on the forum, whom I've known for almost four years. She'd be visiting Tartu tomorrow.

I hopped onboard the bus in Tallinn and headed that way. I enjoyed the scenery.

In the time that I had Tartu to myself, which started from the time I arrived at 2:30pm, I at first had difficulty finding my hostel. But that was soon overcome with a phone call. There was no hostel sticker-logo out the front; apparently people liked to steal them.

I settled in. The hostel had a very nice, relaxed and laid back atmosphere. I had a good chat with the owner as we discussed what it's like to run a hostel - it was one of my future ideas to run one of my own. He seemed to have found the right, quiet place for his.

For dinner, I headed to a pizza place. After that, I was at the hostel, watching Toy Story and Toy Story 2 with other travellers. Toy Story 3 was coming out at the cinemas, and it was enjoyable to watch the first two. I wouldn't be able to watch it here, as it will be dubbed in Estonian. I'll have to wait until I get to England.

I didn't have much of a touristic day here, as this is a pretty small town, but I will definitely be doing some tomorrow with the friend I'll be meeting.

No comments:

Post a Comment