Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Day 30 - Warsaw, Poland

And so I got to Warsaw and immediately made way for my hostel, called Oki Doki. On the way this stranger approached me, speaking in Polish and I didn't understand what he was saying, but he gave off a bad vibe so I hurried onwards.

I was here for only one night, and I figured I'd get a little bit more sleep (it's always shitty when you are sleep deprived due to being on a bus), and head out to explore the city at midday. I had to sleep on the couch in the main room as I couldn't check in yet - it was too early. However, I got enough rest to feel awake enough to head back into the city and purchase my train ticket for Berlin.

The lady who served me at the counter did not understand English, and I had a difficult time specifying what I wanted. I wanted a train ticket, to Berlin, tomorrow morning at 6:35. I had to ask the lady to change the ticket three times, because first she issued me a ticket departing for Berlin today, then the next for tomorrow at 16:45, then finally, the 6:35 ticket that I wanted, with the help of a customer standing in line behind me who was able to translate.

I grabbed myself a kebab once I was out of there, and headed back to Oki Doki Hostel.

I put my ticket away, then went to explore the Old Town - no more than a ten minute walk from here.

I had two Scottish girls approach me on the street, inviting me to attend their dance on stage. I was more interested in the city's architecture and spiraling ice creams, one of which I had and thoroughly enjoyed. Warsaw is a good city overall to spend a day in.





















No comments:

Post a Comment