Thursday, June 24, 2010

Day 24 - Final day in St. Petersburg

Today was another fairly good day, and I decided to pay a visit to Saint Isaac's Cathedral, of which the spire the main viewpoint of the city.

I climbed to the top of the colonnade and took in the pleasant views the city had to offer. This cathedral had a museum inside of it as well, however I was only interested in the city views.













I didn't have much cash left in my pocket, so I bought myself a cheap lunch afterwards. Just a hot dog from a nearby stall.

I then walked all the way back to my homestay, instead of taking the metro. Along this route, I'd get to see more, and Saint Petersburg is a pleasant city to stroll through. I have a good idea of what the place looks like, now.

I took a walk along the river that lead out to the Baltic Sea, and ended the day with a pizza from the supermarket and listening to my iPod. I went to bed early. And sleeping is a bit hard when it doesn't even really get dark outside - I had to cover my eyes with the sleeve of my hoodie.

No comments:

Post a Comment