Monday, June 23, 2008

Day 215 - Liepaja, Latvia

Today started well. Me, Agnes and her dad headed into Liepaja city and decided to take a visit to the Holy Trinity Church. From up the top here, you can get a good vantage point of the city. That was the main touristic use of the building.

We climbed up the spire, to the top. It was interesting on the way up. The building was very old. Up here, we stood and looked over the view of Liepaja, while I took some photos. Agnes' dad took a photo of us two together as well. It was a nice place to appreciate for a while.














After our church tower visit, me and Agnes headed to the beach. We met her friend, Eva there. We hung out for a while. I was just my usual self, not talking too much, letting them run the conversation. We had a good time regardless.

It was time to go back home after this. Agnes' dad had made us dinner. I thanked him and enjoyed the meal. It was spaghetti, probably carbonara or something like that. Then after dinner, I walked back into Agnes' room. This is where things started going bad. Agnes' dad was expecting me to say 'thank you' after my meal. There was no way I could know what he was expecting. He was quite angry at me, as he said he put in a lot of effort making that meal for me. It has now caused a bit of tension between me and Agnes, and I was upset. I already said thanks at the beginning of the meal, I had no idea I was supposed to say it twice. So Agnes asked me to say 'thanks' to him, as it's what I apparently owe him. So I did, and that was the end of that issue, for now. Agnes went on about how she didn't want to be in between herself and her dad all the time. We definitely don't want any parental issues. Parental non-approval does not sit well with me, and I don't even want to think about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment