Thursday, June 19, 2008

Day 211 - Cape Kolka, Latvia

Today, there wasn't that much more I could do in Riga. At 5am, I headed out into the city, and looked up bus timetables to the town of Kolka, on the northern tip of the Latvian cape.

I asked for information at the bus terminal, and got some bus schedules. By the time the earliest bus would get there, the latest bus would leave in 20 minutes, so unfortunately I would only be able to spend 50 minutes up at the cape. So I took the day trip and intended to get what I could out of it.

I had some breakfast at Cili Pica near the bus station in Riga, having an omelets and mushroom dish, then departed for Kolka at 1:15pm.

It was a scenic drive a long the way. I didn't see much coastline, as there were lots of trees between the road and the beach, but it was still good scenery nonetheless. I loved it!

When I arrived in Kolka, I got out of the bus, and made my way to Cape Kolka, which was a long walk. I hoped that I would be back in time for the last returning bus to Riga. I had 50 minutes. It took 20 minutes to get to the cape, meaning I can spend 10 minutes here, then I have to head back.

I made the most out of it. I took plenty of photos along the walk.







Then reached the cape itself, from where I could see the Gulf of Riga and Baltic Sea hitting eachother.









After my short visit here, I had to run back to the bus. I was in time, and it was only a short wait for the bus to depart. So it's back to Riga, and I had a small nap on board during the three-hour drive.

Once back in Riga, I decided to have some McDonald's. The last time I had some, was when I was in Australia, I believe. It wasn't bad. Just like at home.

Then I went to find myself a hotel. I wanted a better sleep this time, rather than having a five-hour sleep at the airport. I found one, and it was Ls31, which was quite a bit of money. I probably shouldn't have, but I needed a bit of relaxation. I showered, then spoke to Agnes on the phone. Over the last two days, she's been hinting that she wants to be with me again. So I asked straight up, if we were going to be back together. And it looks like we were. This made me happy, and I was able to sleep peacefully.

No comments:

Post a Comment