Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Day 217 - Liepaja, Latvia

So the following morning, I was definitely getting booted out of here. Agnes' dad made me some breakfast first, before I said goodbye to Agnes for the time being, and was taken outside and driven into the city. He left me here in a parking lot near the mall, and I was on my own. I got out of the car, pretty angrily. I said nothing to him whatsoever.

Outside, it was pretty cold. I went inside the mall when it opened, to keep warm. To keep myself fed, I bought hot dogs with the little amount of money that I had in my wallet. I could basically afford bread and water for a week, and not much else. I had to come up with something. I bought myself a water bottle that I would refill somewhere for free. That would save those costs, and I could add a bit of meat and perhaps even fruit to my diet. I just need my credit card to arrive, and things will be easier. It was rather stupid of me to leave Greece without my credit card, but being blinded by love, I was easily influenced into taking such a risk. I did not know who to go to for help, and nor did I want to. I just wanted to wait for my credit card and hope that it would arrive here. Agnes told me that her dad would pick me up and let me stay overnight again if I didn't have a hotel, but I didn't see that happening. Right now, I'm just glad that it hasn't affected my relationship with her. She told me how much she loved me and how angry she was with her dad, but not even being 18 yet, she was pretty powerless. We spent a while texting eachother, and I couldn't stop shedding tears. This was horrible.

I'm going to have to experience homeless life, yet again. This time, on a much larger scale. It was freezing here at nights. At least this early in the summer. The first place I decided to try was the toilets in the mall after closing time. We will see how that goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment