Friday, June 20, 2008

Day 212 - Back to Liepaja, Latvia

Today is the day I'm going to be meeting Agnes again. This time, in company of her dad, of whom only speaks Latvian. This would be a good opportunity to practise the language.

I took the bus at 1pm, and arrived at 5pm. I was getting nervous and excited all over again. I expected to see her on arrival at the bus station, waiting for me, but she was running late, and we arranged a new meeting point, which was Rozu square, in the city centre.

I walked my way over there, and we both arrived at the square at pretty much the same time. I saw her over on the other side, and went over to greet her. I was very happy to see her again. Her dad will be coming to pick us up later on, so I haven't seen him yet.

Firstly, Agnes went to see her mother, who lived within walking distance. I waited outside. When she returned, we went back over to Rozu square, and sat and talked until her dad would come to pick us up.

We exchanged a handshake, and I greeted him in Latvian. I said "Nice to meet you". We got into his car, and he drove us home. He commented that this was the first time he has heard his daughter speaking English. He asked me some questions, with help of translation from Agnes, and we sat at home and had dinner. Then we went to bed. Separate rooms for us, this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment