Sunday, June 15, 2008

Day 207 - Avlida, Attica, Greece

Today was, believe it or not, my first experience of beach life in Greece. I woke up at 7:30am and uncle Con drove us over to a village called Avlida, on the northern coast of Attica, overlooking the island of Evia. This was where my cousin Aleko's wife, Katerini's parents lived.

We stayed here for a while, and I sat on the couch outside, watching the kids play around. Shortly afterwards, I headed to the nearby beach with Aleko and Konstantino. I got into the water, and it was nice and warm, much better than what we have at my town in Australia. It was also a rocky beach, as opposed to sand. I had a great swim around while here, and had pictures taken.

I sunbaked, dug a channel in the sand for water to go in, and had a great time with the kids.


No comments:

Post a Comment