Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Day 209 - Second visit, Riga, Latvia

After all my preparing, it's time for me to go to Latvia. Unfortunately, my bank card still hasn't arrived in the mail, even with the date of the plane ticket changed. So I'm going to have to go off without it. Despo was kind enough to give me some cash to support myself, as well as Con, who gave me money that he owed me from working for him. Despo is going to send the bank card to me in Latvia when it arrives in Greece.

So I headed over to the airport by metro. It was only a half-hour ride, and it was an interesting one. I was excited; I was going again!

At the airport, I checked in, boarded my airBaltic plane to Riga, and enjoyed hearing the Latvian language once again, especially after having studied it a little more over the last two months.

It was 8pm, and time for take-off.



I purchased one meal on board. I love airline food! Probably because I love plane travel.

After circling the city of Riga, taking the spiral approach, we touched down at 11:30pm, and I was back. Back again, and happy to be. I was going to spend the night here at the airport, and go out the next morning. I'll be seeing Agnes on Friday. I've got two days of sightseeing to do. I have over Ls100 to support myself. Hopefully my bank card will arrive at my aunt's place in Greece shortly.

No comments:

Post a Comment