Sunday, June 1, 2008

Day 193 - Parry booting me out, Athens

Well, the good news, is that Agnes made up her mind, and said I could come to Latvia and see her after all. The bad news, is that my uncle, Parry, decided to boot me out of his house at 1:30 in the morning.

It began when Parry turned off the TV while I was enjoying a movie. I wasn't that angry at the fact that he turned it off on me, but more angry because of his reasons for turning it off, which didn't seem justified at all.

A few weeks prior to this, he had offered to take me on a trip with him to Mytilini, on the island of Lesvos. I was a little excited about going, but he turned down the offer just before we were set to go, and he decided to go by himself. He said that he refused to take me because of my schemes with Latvia. Like it was really necessary to offer me the trip in the first place then.

Anyway, after switching off the TV, I had gotten angry at Parry, and rightfully so. Because I refused to give up my plans to visit Latvia again, he thought he had an obligated right to turn off the TV as a "punishment" to me. Well, I'll be happy not to stay here anymore. I'm leaving. I'm going over to Despo's. I'm simply not going to tolerate someone who thinks that they can be in control of my life. So, I said this, and then Parry told me to leave.

I packed all my things, and headed out. Parry left me a childish remark, saying "Go back to Australia, and take Agnes with you!". That's the last time I ever plan to see Parry. I do whatever I want with my life, thank you.

So, it was 1:30am, and I headed over to the internet café. I asked the staff to put my bag somewhere safe, and I would wait here until 5am, when the buses start running. Then, I would make my way over to Despo's, and tell her everything that Parry done. I was fed up with him. He criticised me a lot over the time that I've been here, making me feel small, and I couldn't cope with it. He made me more depressed than anyone else did, including Agnes. Me and him will never be the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment