Sunday, August 3, 2008

Day 256 - Sigulda, Latvia

It was a terribly long wait to see if Agnes' dad was going to go to Sweden or not. I didn't know what to do, and I was running out of options. To keep my mind off all the stress for the day, I took a day trip to Sigulda, which was an hour out of Riga. I'd take the bus and let my mind relax somewhere beautiful.

And a beautiful place it was. It seemed that Autumn was just around the corner too, as I saw orange leaves scattered along the road. I took a walk down a steep and slippery set of stairs, down to the Gauja river where it flowed underneath the bridge. It was a lovely place to be captivated by. I didn't end up going across the valley by cable car, as I wasn't in much of a good mood, but I still enjoyed the nature here as much as I could.













After my visit here, I walked back up the stairs and up the steep valley slope at a rapid pace, to see if I could feel the difference in air pressure with my ears. There was a slight difference, and I've never achieved that by foot.

I made my way back to the bus station, and onto the bus headed back for Riga. I was able to understand the bus driver in Latvian when he asked passengers with pre-purchased tickets to board the bus first. So I waited at the end of the line, got on board, paid the 1 Lat, and once back in Riga, spent the night at the airport.

No comments:

Post a Comment