Monday, August 4, 2008

Day 257 - Riga & Liepaja, Latvia

Today was going to be my last day in Latvia, and my last chance to see Agnes again. I've come to this decision, because Agnes and I both decided that it would be best. For one thing, neither of us knew when or if her dad was going to Sweden, and secondly, it's best that I get back home as soon as possible, as my money is running low. I've used almost all of my savings.

So, from Riga, I decided to leave for Liepaja at 7:30am, arriving at 11am. I made my way to Agnes' neighbourhood in order to see her for one last time. We would only meet for a few hours. I had a little rest in the ruined apartment building that I slept in a fair while ago. I was pretty sleepy, and just waited for her to contact me and come outside.

I did doze off for a little over an hour. Then I checked my phone and saw her message, saying she was waiting on the street for me. So I headed out, and greeted her.

We took a walk from here, all the way to the store around the corner. We tried to enjoy it as much as we could; and infact spent the majority of the two hours we had, hugging. It was going to be the last time we see eachother for a long time, so we cherished the moment.

One last photo was taken, shortly before it was time to say goodbye.



So I headed on the bus, back into the city centre. Same routine all over again, except I seemed to be a little less emotional this time. I was probably used to it from the last time.

I went to Cili Pica, as I was hungry and hadn't eaten for a while. I enjoyed my last meal there, for the last time, and tipped the waiter as well. I gave Agnes a call to see how things were holding up, and if she was absolutely certain that I should leave. I couldn't seem to make the decision on my own.

So I headed back to Riga, seeing the same people that I saw this morning. I made my way to Riga airport, and got my plane ticket changed to depart for tomorrow. It costed me 104 Lats. By this point, my savings were getting drastically low. It wasn't really necessary to get it changed in the first place, since I only got to see Agnes one more time, but I think it was worth seeing her again. It was hard and painful for me to change my ticket date, but I had to do it for the best. Once I get back to Australia, I can get a job and save up again, as well as plan to get her down.

In the meantime, I would have nothing much else to do while waiting for tomorrow's flight back to Athens.

No comments:

Post a Comment