Saturday, August 2, 2008

Day 255 - Liepaja, Latvia

In the remaining days I've been spending with Agnes, we've been making the most we could out of it. We've been going to the beach getting tanned, eating at Cili Pica and another restaurant called Barons Bumbiers, which we were going to regularly. In this time, I've been staying at the Beach Hostel, and then I found out that Agnes' dad was going to jail for 10 days. I was able to stay over at Agnes' place again. Her father had gone to jail for drinking and driving. I thought to myself he deserved it more than anything, especially after what he did to me. Karma strikes back.

I was contemplating a trip to Estonia as well, and Agnes encouraged me to go, but I chose not to, so as to spend the remainder of my time with her. Even with hostel rooms still booked on some days as a result of pre-booking, I chose to stay with Agnes. It would be the last time I'm seeing her for a long time. Today is the day I had to go back to Athens. I was really sad about it last night, and it was quite hard on me. I kissed Agnes goodbye at the bus stop outside her apartment block, and made my way to Liepaja's bus station, and then onto Riga.

About halfway through my journey to Riga, Agnes had dropped me a text, asking for me to come back. I figured I would. It was an easy decision, because my family in Athens was going to the village at this time. Also, Agnes' dad may be going to Sweden; we don't know yet. But once I got to Riga Airport, I decided to change my ticket anyway. It cost me 35 Lats. I was running out of money by this time, and I probably shouldn't have done what I did. In Riga, I found myself a hostel to stay at, and I'd discuss meeting up with Agnes again tomorrow. I've probably made a silly move right now, but what else can you think about when you're under the influence of love?

No comments:

Post a Comment