Sunday, November 25, 2007

Day 4 - Aghia Paraskevi, Athens

Today I woke up with a sore throat. I didn’t get a good sleep because of it, but I proceeded to go out anyway. I went to the internet café in Aghia Paraskevi again, and caught up with Chris, Dejan and Damir, all on Chris’ webcam. We had some fun, bragging at eachother through the webcam. I was in Greece and they were in Australia. I couldn’t hear any sound, but I could imagine their situation; they were laughing. They looked happy to see me. I watched as Dejan and Damir started wrestling eachother. Chris showed off his muscles, and I just laughed. We had some good laughs, as that’s what we do with our friends, whether it’s online, from the other side of the world, or not. It’s something I’ve learned through experience. Friends love to muck around, and at the end of the day, it makes us happy and fills our hearts with enjoyment.

When I had to log off, I got a call on my mobile – it was Angeliki! I was very surprised to hear from her! We had a small discussion, seeing if we could arrange a meetup, and apparently I sounded like I was busy and didn't want to be disturbed. But that’s just the tone of my voice. I wish I could sound more enthusiastic.

So, I went back home after and caught the flu. Wow! I caught a cold and the flu! It was because I wasn’t used to the cold weather; Greece has much colder winters than Australia, and also because I had a shower prior to going out. Silly me. This flu was rather bad, and I had to stay in bed for the rest of the day.

In the meantime, I got text messages from Lora and Agnes, both asking me how I was. Sick, of course. It was also Katerina’s name day, and everyone was going over her place. It was disappointing that I couldn’t attend. Despo gave me an aspirin, and I started to feel a little better. Then I went to sleep. Well, when you first start on your own, you're bound to make mistakes. We then learn from them. That's the last time I'll be going out in the freezing cold after a shower.

No comments:

Post a Comment