Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Day 6 - Central Athens, Kolonaki

The first thing I done this morning was texting my dad about arranging tickets for Agnes and her dad to come to Greece. He asked me to go on MSN, so I made my way to the internet café and discussed it more in-depth.

I then went with Despo to Sophia’s workplace, Pretty ντουσιέρες. I spent some time on the internet and Google Earth here. I caught up with Marissa, who complained that I was going to spend my whole holidays online. But I need to keep in touch with my friends, don’t I? I wanted to look up some information on Athens too.

After a while, when night came, I went out with Sophia. We caught the metro to Syntagma, and she showed me the main square, the city centre of Athens. She took me on a tour, I guess. We walked through the square and the marble-cobbled streets to Thissio. This was a great place to dine, tucked right beneath the flood-lit acropolis. I decided that this was a good place to meet Lora and Panos.

While Sophia and I had our meal, I got a text message from Agnes. She took something the wrong way, apparently, and went off at me, thinking that I wasn’t looking forward to seeing her. Oh well, that’s how she is, always jumping to conclusions.

After eating, Sophia took me to a bar in Kolonaki, called Big Apple. I had one drink, and I drank it pretty fast; fast enough for Sophia to chuck a bit of a wobbly. I was surrounded by lots of smokers too, reminding me that more than half the population of Athens smoke. Eventually, at around 2am, we took a taxi back to Glyka Nera, costing €10.

No comments:

Post a Comment