Friday, November 30, 2007

Day 8 & 9 - Aharnes (Menidi), Athens

I spent my first night at Parry’s house. After waking up, I headed straight to the internet café that Parry told me about. I spent about an hour here, and the cost was cheaper than the one in Aghia Paraskevi; only €2,00 per hour. That is pretty much all I did for the day.

The next day, I did the same thing; made my way to the internet café and adjusted a few things online. When I returned home, I decided to do something that humoured me six years ago; wetting my grandmother's cats by chasing them around with the hose and pouring buckets of water on the ground near them from the overhead balcony, getting them wet. Doing this again brought back memories. And it was purely because I was bored. The cats seemed to love these games.

I have also been overwhelmed with the trouble in trying to bring Agnes to Greece. The airfares are ridiculously high, and she would only be able to stay here for two days. I’m still hoping for things to get sorted out. I’ve asked her if her dad will let her stay for longer than two days, and all other things that came to mind.

For the rest of the night, I studied the bus routes around Athens and read my Lonely Planet guidebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment