Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Day 7 - Central Athens, Syntagma and Monastiraki

Today I decided to go into Athens by myself. Solo traveling was becoming a major enjoyment in my life. I caught the 310 Bus to Doukissis Plakentias, and the metro to Syntagma. While I was here, I allowed myself some time to check out the Parliament building and the surrounding streets. I walked my way down to Monastiraki and bought my own chicken souvlaki from Savvas and Grigoris. It wasn’t that difficult to order, as the waiter knew English, and English is what I used.

I didn’t spend much more time outside. I headed back to Doukissis Plakentias by metro as I needed to use the toilet; there are hardly any public toilets in Athens. I could not find even one! So, it kind of sucked that I had to go all the way back home to Glyka Nera to use the bathroom.

After having a nice serve of Pizza at home, Parry came, picked me up, and took me to his place in Menidi. He gave me advice on different matters, and then showed me an internet café close by, which was within five minutes walking distance of his house. I was to spend the next two weeks here in Menidi.

No comments:

Post a Comment